Wednesday 22 August 2012

Update on FX setup on Gold (22 Aug 2012)

The breakout occurred in Gold pair has been so strong and fast-paced and it almost reach my target profit (1670.00) when I open my platform for daily routine checking in this morning.

It took me awhile in deciding whether should I capture the profit or not even before my target profit is hit. At last, I have made up my mind to close this position at 1,662.85 to capture profit due to following reasons:

(i) The breakout is strong and huge, and it is caused by the FOMC meeting yesterday on "possible stimulus programme". A retracement will likely to take place pretty soon after such surge. I can enter long position again at swing low should the trend now is bullish. 

(ii) I able to earn the breakout movement and did not lose anything if I close my position now - greedy check.

(ii) The current price level is close to my profit target and it is impossible to capture 100% of the price movement everytime. 

On top of that, I also posted the Gold price chart before and after the setup below:

Gold - Daily chart (before)

Gold - Daily chart (after)

No comments:

Post a Comment